College of Veterinary Sciences (GCVS)
Gomal college of veterinary sciences, D.I.Khan formerly called Institute of animal Husbandry and veterinary sciences has started composite five years DVM degree program as approved by Pakistan veterinary Medical Council and recommend by Government of Pakistan,
Ministry of Food Agriculture and Livestock. Efforts are being made to produce a veterinarian, who could effectively work, with zeal and dedication in the applied disciplines, like Animal health, Animal production, Artificial Insemination, poultry production, Pet Animals, Aviculture, Wildlife and Fisheries.
- To develop sound and strong knowledge base in all the disciplines in vogue in the University
- Initiation of 5 years composite degree program.
- Passing out two DVM classes.
- Provisional Recognition by Pakistan veterinary Medical Council.
- Equipping of present laboratories with scientific equipment.
- Completion of Clinical sciences block Phase-l.
- Completion of Allama Iqbal Hostel by addition of 16 large Rooms.
- Initiation of M.Phil Program.
- Purchase of new books.
- Completion of Clinical Science Block Phase-ll.
- Completion of latest Computer and Histology labs.
- Two Poultry Farms (one each for broiler and layer) are under Construction.
- One Post mortem room and one dog ward are in completion phase.
- MOU between Washington State University and Gomal University signed.
- MOU to be singed between GHQ and Gomal College of Veterinary Sciences for mutual
training and facilities.
Dera Ismail Khan
Exchange: 0092 966 750-424-9
Copyright © 2013, Gomal University, D.I.Khan, Pakistan. All